SUMMER SESSION 2018
CLEAN VEHICLES THOROUGHLY
Ensure that vehicles are cleaned thoroughly and regularly to prevent passengers from spreading the virus from droplets (such as sneezing, coughing or vomiting). Make sure to clean surfaces, with appropriate alcohol based disinfectant wipes so that the potential spread of infection can be minimised. Drivers are reminded to clean handles specifically and other frequently touched areas. Drivers are to follow the cleaning procedures and products set by the Governments Environmental cleaning and disinfection principles.
OPEN VEHICLE WINDOWS
Or vehicle air-conditioning should be set to fresh air, as opposed to recycled air.
OFFER HAND SANITIZER
Drivers will be provided with hand sanitiser where possible by Shebah HQ. It is recommended that drivers carry hand sanitiser to offer riders, if available.
INFORM SHEBAH IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL
Drivers are required to inform Shebah HQ in the event that they become a community risk due to COVID-19.
If drivers are feeling unwell, they are required to get tested for COVID-19 and follow this process to notify Shebah.
1. Please report that you are getting tested via the incident reporting form in the app; this information goes to Customer Service and Compliance.
2. After your test, return home. Stop driving passengers IMMEDIATELY.
3. You will be taken off the Shebah platform and will be directed to self-isolate until you receive your test results.
4. If you receive a negative COVID-19 test result, you will be put back onto the platform unless you are told to continue self-isolating.
MAKE THE FOLLOWING PRECAUTIONS OUTSIDE OF YOUR VEHICLE
- Stay at least 1.5m away from someone who is coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose or mouth
- Flush toilet with lid closed
- Stay home if they don’t feel well
- Avoid touching your face without clean hands
- Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
INFORM SHEBAH IF YOU TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID-19
In the event that a Shebah driver tests positive for COVID-19 (Coronavirus) that driver is required to take the following actions:
1. Stop driving passengers IMMEDIATELY.
2. Contact their doctor for next steps to take regarding their personal health.
3. Notify Shebah through the driver app to alert HQ of their diagnosis.
4. If you are in Victoria, contact WorkSafe Victoria by calling 13 23 60 or submit an incident reporting form here https://go.vic.gov.au/CQRT
This driver will then be suspended from the Shebah platform for a quarantine period of 14 days or until they are cleared by their medical practitioner as well again.
The suspension will remain in place until either of the above events are proved and Shebah will stop drivers from being able to use the Shebah app at this time. Once the driver is confirmed to be of suitable health, the suspension on their driving account will be lifted and they will be able to continue to drive.
Upon identifying the driver diagnosed, Shebah HQ will contact any potential passengers that may have been exposed to the virus if necessary, based on the guidelines outlined by the
Australian Department of Health.
Drivers must record the following information whenever they clean their vehicle:
Cleaning records must be collected and stored by the vehicle owner for at least 12 months.
the vehicle registration number
confirmation they cleaned the vehicle before the next trip
the date and time they cleaned the vehicle
the date and time of each trip they provide